Personalised attention that allows you to go at your own pace!
Reduced rates for existing aa|mac customers
One of the biggest issues we have come across during our home visits, has been the organisation of images, videos and documents.
Look at this course, as a housekeeping exercise, out with the old in with the new.
A simple test on your devices, will show you if you can do with some help.
- From the Apple menu, select About This Mac. The window shown below appears.
- Click More Info. The About This Mac window appears.
- Click Storage. The window shown below appears.
Videos and images can quickly clog up a computer low on storage and slow it down — especially if you’re storing a large number of iPhone or iPad backups.
Booking a home visit will give you peace of mind knowing that you have more space and learnt a few things in the process.
OS X Basics
Designed particularly to help those moving from a Windows PC to a Mac. This course discusses the MacOS interface, including the desktop, menu bar and dock. It is a complete overview, enabling you to navigate the operating system with confidence in basic use. We also discuss the minor differences in the Apple keyboard and how to make useful changes to your system preferences. Even if you have a Mac for a while, this course may help you understand more fully how to get the best from your system.
Understanding Finder & Launchpad
This course covers the basics of file management on your Mac computer. This course is designed to help you become more efficient when dealing with files and folders. Subjects include:-
- Setting up Finder & Launchpad the way you want it to work
- Viewing files in a meaningful way to you
- Creating folders
- Understanding where to put specific files
- Open, find, and organize your apps.
- Understanding the copy, cut and paste commands
- Search functions
Whether you’re brand new to iPhone and iPad or just want to learn a little bit more about the devices you spend each day with, our course is here to help you get the most out of your machines.
- What the buttons are and how to use them
- How to take screenshots
- Send group messages set up two-factor authentication
- The importance of your Apple ID
- The App Store
- Protecting your data
Mail is very powerful and has many hidden features. This course covers the basic use of the application on your Mac and delves into the integration between Mail and the operating system. Topics include:-
- Configuring email accounts
- Integration with other Apple apps
- Attaching files and images
- Personalising your emails
- Creating stationary
- Account specific signatures
Pick and Mix – Mini Courses (Choose any 3)
If you don’t see what you’re looking for here, just let us know.
Our trainers can teach many other topics!
- iCloud – Explains what it is, what it does and why you should be using it.
- Notes – More powerful than you think, this mini course explains how to get the most from Notes on your Mac and/or iOS device.
- Reminders – Simple reminders or shared shopping lists, this is the course for you.
- Siri – How to simplify the use of your iPad or iPhone by using Apple’s personal assistant.
- Time Machine – Important but sadly often overlooked, how to backup your Mac correctly.
If there is anything else that you need training with, which is not in our above courses, please get in touch, we may still be able to provide training.
Each course, or 3 of the Pick and Mix courses, are priced at £78, within the Croydon and the surrounding area.
Contact us for pricing in other areas.
Schools and colleges CPD
Upgrading your digital skills and classroom practices while working as an educator can be challenging.
That’s why aa |mac offers a range of professional development opportunities to meet your needs.